|We purchased three rolls of good quality Vinyl wallpaper which was quite a close match but a tad lighter in colour at £13 a roll and a large tub of PVA glue.|
|Left: Annette first cut the paper to the size needed by using her push pins to hold the paper in place to mark it out.
Right: Then she brushed the glue all over the wall
| Left: Pressing the paper onto the wall, was a bit tricky fortunately she could still slide the paper a little bit to get it right and then pressed it home with an old Tea Towel.
Right: The finished walls
|The furniture is in and curtains hung their is only one thing left to do to at the rear of the caravan now and that's.....|
|Have a brew to celebrate!|
|Next we stripped the old kitchen covering off as it was looking a bit tatty and found that the backing board was a little damp. so off it came and with a heat gun we dried off all the foam. We found the water had come in via the window seal and all that needed replacing was one down spar of window frame, the one that holds the piston . we repaired it with ease and then resealed the window rubber using a sealing mastic and making sure it was firmly in position, I fixed it down with long staples fired in with a nail gun I also gave the outside of the seal a little extra mastic to make sure of a good seal to the body of the caravan. We then re decorated the kitchen with a vinyl kitchen wall paper using our old favorite PVA Glue.|
|Once again we want to thank Steve and Neil for the tips and advice as well as providing the encouragement to do the job ourselves, we would also like to thank all the members of Uk Campsite for following our project and kind comments on the message boards.|
|REBUILD||PHASE 2 (THE FRONT)|
Copyright © 'Alan Parker' All rights reserved.